A mobile gaming addict was found dead inside his apartment with signs he was electrocuted while charging his phone and playing at the same time. Delivery company employee, Tinnakorn Rattanauppaphan, 32, had the smartphone plugged in to an extension cable on his bed while using it at his rented room in Nan, northern Thailand. His friends found him lying still on the mattress below a window. When they tried to wake him he was unresponsive so they contacted the police. Officers believe Tinnakorn had been dead for two days. Friend said: 'We started to worry after he had been absent from work for a couple days, which was unusual for him.'
They suspect that he was electrocuted to death as they found burn wounds on both of his swollen hands that were touching the phone and charger cable. The police sent the body for a post-mortem examination and labelled the death as an accident in their initial report. Police Lieutenant Colonel Samran Wongchaiya said: 'Our initial investigations show that there was no trace of fighting or anything that suggests suspicious activity. 'So we believe that he was electrocuted to death as he had signs of electrocution and the cause is also consistent with the testimonies of his friends and family that he spent a lot of time playing mobile games online.'